Saturday, May 7, 2011

Flora and Fauna




1. Meer Cat, May 6, 2011 at 12:09 pm, Dallas, Texas, 4.6, 1/400, Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi

This Meer Cat was so cute. I had to do a little cropping and give it a little richness through the levels. It's just such a cute animal!!

2. Pink Flower, May 6, 2011 at 12:30 pm, Dallas, Texas, 5.6, 1/500, Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi

The saturation and levels were both boosted to bring out the best color in the image. The photo was also cropped just a bit.

3. Yellow Flower, May 6, 2011 at 12:47 pm, Dallas, Texas, 5.6, 1/800, Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi

This was one of my favorite flower pictures from the day. I love how the light rests perfectly on the flower and the contrast from the brightness of the flower and the darkness around it. I bumped up the saturation on the yellow flower just a bit and the image was cropped as well.

4. Curious Bird, May 6, 2011 at 11:53 pm, Dallas, Texas, 4.5, 1/200, Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi

I love this bird. I was at the Dallas Fort Worth Zoo in the bird cage. Where most birds seemed to shy away from the camera this one came right up to my lens and let me capture a shot. I bumped up the saturation and the levels just a bit in this photo.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Pictures. I love the blur you added to the baseball picture. That is creative and I have never used that one, I'll have to try it out. You took some really great flora and fauna pictures. The meer cat is awesome! So creative and original

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job on your saturation. All your photos have really nice color. The blur was an awesome choice for your effect, it turned kind of an ordinary photo into something unique. I couldn't quite tell which of the dad & son photo was edited, I sort of liked the shadow under his hat in the bottom one. I thought the angles of your animal shots were perfect. The bird one especially, with the branch sort of fading into the back and his head right in the center.

    ReplyDelete